Financial Aid Process
- You must be accepted and enrolled at SCU in order to receive financial aid. Apply Online
- Fill out the FAFSA. You may begin submitting the FAFSA online as early as October 1 for the following school year. It is imperative that you complete the FAFSA as early as possible to receive the maximum financial aid! Remember to enter SCU's school code on your FAFSA: 003180.
- Respond to all correspondence from the SCU Financial Aid Office. We will send correspondence once your FAFSA has been processed, either by mail or your SCU e-mail account (ends in @swcu.edu). We may need certain documents in order to process your award package.
- If you are selected for verification, your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education will inform you. You will need to complete a verification worksheet and provide copies of parent and student prior year tax returns and W-2’s.
- Review your financial aid award package. Upon receipt of all required documentation, a financial aid award package will be sent to you. Please review it carefully, and contact us if you have any questions. Return your financial aid award package. Once you have completed your award package, please return originals to the Financial Aid office.
- Please be reminded that if you are a Dependent student (a student who does not meet the independent student qualifications) then you MUST have your parent sign your FAFSA and add their information.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
*Southwestern Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, qualified handicap or disability in any of its policies, practices or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, financial aid and educational services.